|Next (ABSTRACT OF SCHEDULES A AND B TO WHICH THIS ACT REFERS)|
APPROPRIATION ACT, 1965
AN ACT TO APPLY A CERTAIN SUM OUT OF THE CENTRAL FUND TO THE SERVICE OF THE YEAR ENDING ON THE THIRTY-FIRST DAY OF MARCH, ONE THOUSAND, NINE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SIX, TO APPROPRIATE TO THE PROPER SUPPLY SERVICES AND PURPOSES THE SUMS GRANTED BY THE CENTRAL FUND ACT, 1965 , AND THIS ACT, AND TO MAKE CERTAIN PROVISION IN RELATION TO BORROWING.
[30th July, 1965.]
BE IT ENACTED BY THE OIREACHTAS AS FOLLOWS:—
GRANTS OUT OF THE CENTRAL FUND
|[GA]||Issue of £144, 857, 090 out of the Central Fund for the year 1965-66.|| |
1. —The Minister for Finance may issue out of the Central Fund and apply towards making good the supply granted for the service of the year ending on the thirty-first day of March, one thousand, nine hundred and sixty-six, the sum of one hundred and forty-four million, eight hundred and fifty-seven thousand and ninety pounds.
|[GA]||Power of the Minister for Finance to borrow up to £144, 857, 090.|| |
2. —(1) The Minister for Finance may borrow from any person any sum or sums not exceeding in the whole one hundred and forty-four million, eight hundred and fifty-seven thousand, and ninety pounds, and for the purpose of such borrowing the Minister for Finance may create and issue any securities bearing such rate of interest and subject to such conditions as to repayment, redemption or otherwise, as he thinks fit.
(2) The principal and interest of any securities issued under this Act and the expenses incurred in connection with the issue of such securities shall be charged on the Central Fund or the growing produce thereof.
(3) Any moneys raised by securities issued under this Act shall be placed to the credit of the account of the Exchequer and shall form part of the Central Fund and be available in any manner in which such Fund is available.
APPROPRIATION OF GRANTS
|[GA]||Appropriation of sums voted for supply services, viz., £243, 338, 174.|| |
3. —(1) All sums granted by this Act and the other Act mentioned in Schedule A annexed to this Act out of the Central Fund towards making good the supply granted, amounting, as appears by the said Schedule, in the aggregate to the sum of two hundred and forty-three million, three hundred and thirty eight thousand, one hundred and seventy-four pounds, are appropriated and shall be deemed to have been appropriated as from the date of the passing of the Acts mentioned in the said Schedule A for the services and purposes expressed in Schedule B annexed thereto. The abstract of schedules and schedules annexed thereto, with the note (if any) to such schedules shall be deemed to be part of this Act in the same manner as if they had been contained in the body thereof.
(2) In addition to the grants out of the Central Fund referred to in the foregoing subsection of this section, there may be applied out of any money directed under section 2 of the Public Accounts and Charges Act, 1891, to be applied as appropriations-in-aid of the grants for the services and purposes specified in Schedule B annexed thereto the sums respectively set forth in the last column of the said Schedule amounting, as appears thereby in the aggregate to the sum of eighteen million, one hundred and eight thousand, nine hundred and ninety-four pounds.
|[GA]||Borrowing in currency other than currency of the State.|| |
4. —(1) For the purpose of any borrowing which he is authorised to make under this Act or any Act passed before or after the passing of this Act, the Minister for Finance may borrow in a currency other than the currency of the State.
(2) The amount to be paid into the Exchequer in respect of any borrowing effected under this section shall be the actual proceeds in the currency of the State of the borrowing and, for the purposes of the borrowing powers of the Minister for Finance, the amount paid into the Exchequer shall be deemed to be the actual amount borrowed,
(3) The amount to be issued from the Exchequer for the purpose of repayment of, or the payment of interest on, borrowing effected under this section shall be the cost in the currency of the State of the repayment or of the payment of interest.
|[GA]||Short title.|| |
5. —This Act may be cited as the Appropriation Act, 1965 .