VOCATIONAL EDUCATION (AMENDMENT) ACT, 1936
AN ACT TO AMEND THE VOCATIONAL EDUCATION ACT, 1930 .
[28th November, 1936.]
BE IT ENACTED BY THE OIREACHTAS OF SAORSTÁT EIREANN AS FOLLOWS:—
|[GA]||The Principal Act.|| |
1. —In this Act the expression "the Principal Act" means the Vocational Education Act, 1930 (No. 29 of 1930).
|[GA]||Disposal by vocational education committees of surplus land.|| |
2. —(1) A vocational education committee may, with the consent of the Minister for Education, sell or let any land which is vested in such committee.
(2) All moneys received by a vocational education committee on sale under this section or by way of fine on a letting under this section shall in the first instance be applied towards the payment of any principal moneys which are charged on the vocational education fund maintained by such committee, and the balance (if any) of such moneys remaining shall be paid into such fund.
(3) Any moneys received by a vocational education committee by way of rent on a letting made this section shall be paid into the vocational education fund maintained by such committee.
(4) Sub-section (1) of this section shall have and be deemed to have had effect as from the 21st day of July, 1930.
|[GA]||Amendment of section 43 of the Principal Act.|| |
3. —Sub-section (2) of section 43 of the Principal Act is hereby amended by the deletion of the words "at the commencement of such year" wherever those words occur in the said sub-section and the substitution in every case of the words "at, the commencement of the immediately preceding local financial year" for the words so deleted, and the said sub-section shall be construed and have effect accordingly.
|[GA]||Application of Article 12 of the Schedule to the Local Government (Application of Enactments) Order, 1898.|| |
4. —Article 12 of the Schedule to the Local Government (Application of Enactments) Order, 1898, as amended by any subsequent enactment, shall apply to vocational education committees and their members in like manner as it applies to county councils and their members subject, however, to the modification that, notwithstanding anything contained in paragraph (e) of sub-article (4) of the said Article 12, a person shall not, if otherwise qualified, be disqualified from being elected or chosen or being a member of any vocational education committee or of any sub-committee thereof by reason of his having by himself or his partner received or contracted to receive any benefit or advantage offered to the public in the nature of continuation education and technical education by such committee or any sub-committee thereof, or by reason of his being concerned by himself or his partner in any bargain or contract existing at the date of the passing of this Act entered into with such committee or any sub-committee thereof or his participating by himself or his partner in the profit of any such bargain or contract or of any work being done at the said date under the authority of such committee or any sub-committee thereof.
5. —Section 122 of the Principal Act is hereby repealed.
|[GA]||Short title and citation.|| |
6. —This Act may be cited as the Vocational Education (Amendment) Act, 1936 , and The Principal Act and this Act may be cited together as the Vocational Education Acts, 1930 and 1936.